1948-2018: SOPEMEA celebrates 70 years of testing of materials and equipment from aeronautics and aerospace fields. The SOciété for the Improvement of Aerospace Materials and Equipment has been able to keep pace with the major technological advances of these seven decades.
Only a few companies have crossed both the Glorious Thirties and the economic crises, while accompanying major international programs. Since its creation at the end of the Second World War, SOPEMEA has worked with the biggest names, achieving, to mention a few, the tests of Concorde, Falcon, Airbus, Mirage, before their inaugural flights. The company has also adapted to the new needs of each era, expanding its testing offer: after the modal analysis, the electrodynamic and electrohydraulic tests, it is the climatic tests and electromagnetic compatibility tests which are proposed to its customers.
Each service has its assets, which explain the predominance of SOPEMEA in its market:
• In the Measurement Department, SOPEMEA is one of the first French laboratories to offer image stereo-correlation, a technique that can optically measure the deformations of a stressed part or structure.
• The electrodynamic test service is equipped with one of the most efficient vibratory test devices in Europe, capable of withstanding forces of up to 180 kN (about 18 tons) and a vibration frequency of 5 to 2500 Hz
• Thanks to its 200 m³ chamber, the climate testing department can produce a temperature of -80 ° C to +200 ° C and up to 95% relative humidity.
• Two semi-anechoic chambers (one of 500 m³) and a reverberant mode-shifted cage are dedicated to electromagnetic compatibility tests
• The Maintenance department has recognized expertise, acquired for decades.
• Sopemea’s French laboratories are accredited by CIR, CII and accredited by COFRAC; PARC is UKAS accredited in the United Kingdom.