Sopemea at the InnoTrans exhibition 2018
As a member of the I-Trans and the AIF clusters, the Sopemea group will be presenting its laboratories specialising in environmental testing at InnoTrans from 18 to 21 September 2018 on the French Pavilion Hauts-de-France on the stand :
Hall 3.2 / 301 C10
Covering all the standards of the railway sector, the Sopemea group carries out all the tests relating to rolling stock or infrastructure IEC 61373, or the European standards EN 50155 / EN 50125-3 on fixed equipment, UIC / STI.
In addition to its core business of environmental testing, Sopemea also covers all of the tests required by validation plans, through investigation of components or qualification of functionality, including in-service tests (static or dynamic).
We are also recognized by notified bodies as Certifer as the competent entity in carrying out the tests.
Some examples of tests carried out by Sopemea in the rail sector :
- Experimental modal analysis of whole bodyshell or sub-assemblies (transformers, HVAC systems, etc), tuning of digital models based on experimental measurements.
- Vibration comfort measurements
- Vandalism susceptibility tests
- Braking performance tests
- Assistance for drafting test specifications
- Climatic or mechanical ageing tests
- Crash tests on equipement weighing up to 15 tonnes
- In-service acoustic tests
- Tests of pressure wave caused by passing other trains and entering tunnels
- Electrical tests : dielectric measurements, insulation resistance, microbreaks
- Elaboration of a qualification program taking into account the life cycle of materials
- Simulation of severe climatic conditions (lows and high temperatures, thermal shocks, ice, snow, salt spray, humidity, dust, chemicals and solar radiation)
The InnoTrans exhibition, a meeting place for railway professionals
Held every two years in Berlin, this show aims to bring together the main players in the world of rail transport around the following themes :
- New technologies
- Public Transport
- Construction, study and maintenance of tunnels and rails
- Information / communication
- Interior design of transports
In addition to its 41 exhibition halls, the latest models of tank cars will be displayed on more than 3,500 meters of track to high-speed passenger trains.
Compared to the 2016 edition, the show has grown considerably. International participation and demand for exhibition space have increased sharply. A new exhibition hall is under completion and will be ready in 2019 for future editions.
Events at the show
More than 1000 professionals are expected for the opening ceremony on 18th september 2018, at the Palais am Funkturm. The opening will be attended by Violeta Bulc the European Transport Commisionner, Andreas Scheuer the German Federal Minister of Transport and Digital Infrastructures, and Dr. Christian Göke, CEO of Messe Berlin GmbH.
How to access the show ?
Buy buying your pass on the following link.
See the exhibition plan here.